Chuma African Trade Bead Leather Bracelet - SS1085
◘ C H U M A ◘ [wealthy]
Physical ~ Spiritual.
African Trade Bead Leather Bracelet.
Rustic ~ Primitive ~ Tastefully Tribal.
& Perfectly Stackable.
Him / Her.
• thick and sturdy 2 mm round leather cord doubled up for extra lasting durably
• rich in contrast; BLUE GREEN, CREAMY WHITE, RED CORAL or BLACK ONYX African Trade Beads* and antique brown or black leather cord
• hand strung and knotted (11 knots in all)
• one size ~ larger wrists please include your wrist measurement during checkout
• sliding knot and Ethiopian bead closure = a fully adjustable leather bracelet
• Artfully assembled ~ Beautifully crafted ~ Heirloom Quality
* Africans often used beads for currency (often referred to as African money) and wealth storage, and social status could be easily determined by the quality, quantity and style of jewelry worn. This created a high demand for trade beads in Africa. The beads used to make my Chuma Bracelet are unique and have the most interesting character - aged and rugged with a beautiful patina, these beads are over 100 years old. They are Prossers beads which are molded beads that are created by pressing a finely powdered dry mixture of clay, feldspar and flint into a mold which is then heated in an oven until the material fuses and forms a glass bead. Initially produced in the Czech Republic, Prossers are now made in Morocco using the old Czech equipment.
*The black onyx beads used in my Chuma Bracelets are rare old Ethiopian Glass Padre Beads - hard to find in this rich, beautiful color. Not as aged and rugged as the other colors but there's something mysteriously wonderful and sensual about these black beads.