Busajja Bison Leather Wrap Cuff
◘ B U S A J J A ◘ [manliness, strength]
He asked for a Jason Momoa style leather cuff; wild and messy, primal and adventurous. A cuff that wraps around the wrist and ties. He wanted it to be organic looking, simple in design and made with a crinkled leather.
I imagined what it would be like to be a leather worker who only had access to two tools; a blade and fire. I designed a leather cuff that uses no metal or machine made hardware. I handmade a button from the grain portion of a Tucson Bison hide; cut, skived, dampened, glued, and rolled. I hand cut leather laces from a deerskin leather hide then braided them to make long leather ties. I burnt the edges of the cuff using the flame from a candle. The design I created is original, and the process I would say is unique.
- 3" wide leather band hand-cut from 3-4 ounce Genuine Bison Leather.
- 1 - long hand-cut and hand-braided deerskin leather tie.
- 1 - handmade Tucson Bison leather button.
- Flame burnt edging.
- Available in wrist sizes from 5.5" up to 10.5" but can be customized [please include your wrist measurement during checkout].
- Available in Black and Chocolate.
- Original design inspired by a special request.
- Artfully assembled ~ Beautifully crafted ~ Heirloom Quality
Bison leather is a work of art with its very unique appearance and soft subtle feel. Because the skins are not stretched during the tanning process, Bison leather is strong and durable ~ 40% percent stronger than cow leather. In addition, it is resistant to tearing, stretching, ripping and water as well as penetration by dust and dirt. Bison leather when cared for properly, will last for decades.