◘ C H U M A ◘ [wealthy]
My Chuma Leather Bracelet with Leather Toggle Button & Loop Clasp Closure is infused with the same tribal aesthetic as my popular Chuma Bracelets with a slight change...One unique and cool looking leather button that is handmade from the grain portion of a Tucson Bison hide; cut, skived, dampened, glued, and rolled, and a double leather loop to fasten.
- An original and unisex design.
- Antique African Trade Beads handmade over 100 years ago ~ no two beads are alike and each have a rich history.
- Strung by hand on a thick and sturdy 2 mm round leather cord doubled up for durability and style.
- Hand-knotted on each side of each bead so beads will stay secure.
- One Bison Leather Button ~ handmade from the grain portion of a Tucson Bison hide; cut, skived, dampened, glued, and rolled.
- Leather Loop Clasp.
- Available colors of African Trade Beads: Blue Green, Creamy White, Red Coral, Black Onyx, Mahogany Brown, Camel Bone, and Black Ebony.
- Available leather cord colors: Black and Natural Dark Brown. Should you prefer Antique Brown or Red Brown, please leave me a note with your selection during the checkout process.
- Custom Made in your wrist size. Custom sizing is available. There may be a fee for this service. Please contact me prior to ordering for more information.
- Artfully assembled ~ Beautifully crafted ~ Heirloom Quality.
The B E A D S...
The Blue Green, Creamy White, and Red Coral color beads I use to make my Chuma Leather Bracelets are over 100 years old and have the most interesting character; aged and rugged with a beautiful patina and because they were handmade, no two beads are alike. The Black Onyx beads I use are vintage and rare Glass Pony Beads from India - hard to find in this rich, beautiful color. They are not as aged and rugged looking as the other three colors but there's something mysteriously wonderful and sensual about these black beads. The Camel Bone Beads are individually carved with Chevron style lines and were handmade in Gambia, Africa. They have an aged appearance that is stunning. The Black Ebony beads are vintage French trade beads from before 2000. They were made in Europe and traded in Africa and have a beautiful shiny patina with some age and pitting.