Chuma African Trade Beads Leather Bracelet - SS1085
◘ C H U M A ◘ [wealthy]
Trade beads were once used in Africa for currency and as a sign of social status and wealth. They were often traded for goods, services, and slaves. The Blue Green, Creamy White, and Red Coral color beads I use to make my Chuma Bracelets are over 100 years old and have the most interesting character; aged and rugged with a beautiful patina - because they were handmade, no two beads are alike. The Black Onyx beads I use are old and rare Ethiopian Glass Padre Beads - hard to find in this rich, beautiful color. They are not as aged looking and rugged as the other three colors but there's something mysteriously wonderful and sensual about these black beads.
- An original and unisex design.
- Antique African Trade Beads handmade over 100 years ago ~ no two beads are alike and each have a rich history.
- Strung by hand on a thick and sturdy 2 mm round leather cord doubled up for durability and style.
- Hand-knotted on each side of each bead so beads will stay secure.
- Sliding leather knot and Ethiopian bead closure so Chuma fully and easily adjusts to your wrist size.
- Available colors of African Trade Beads: Blue Green, Creamy White, Red Coral, and Black Onyx.
- Available leather cord colors: Antique Brown or Black.
- One size.
- Stack multiple Chumas together or with your favorite bracelets
- Artfully assembled ~ Beautifully crafted ~ Heirloom Quality