◘ K A I ◘ [love]
The princess warrior knows love comes from within the boundaries of self. She walks with confidence in her true identity, challenging all that is false.
Kai's design was birthed from such a spirit, and is the first in my line of African inspired leather necklaces. Kai is made from top-grade, genuine deerskin leather. The leather of collar portion is molded to give it its crinkled effect, and the intricate basket-weave pattern of its pendant is hand-cut and hand woven. The necklace edges are decorated with a hand-lacing, and the straps are hand-braided, adorned with leather tassels and embellished with handmade African beads. Hanging from the pendant is a generous amount of wildly layered hand-cut fringe; each fall is hand trimmed to a point then manipulated, twisted and pulled to give Kai an extra dose of tribal personality.
- Unique and original design.
- Hand woven intricate basket-weave pattern pendant.
- Crinkled collar design.
- Handmade using lux and soft deerskin leather in your choice of color combinations: Mahogany and Chocolate (as pictured), Black and Chocolate, Black and Mahogany, Completely Black, Completely Chocolate, Completely Mahogany, Completely Beige, Completely Turquoise, Completely Lipstick Red.
- Quality hardware; Nickel or Brushed Brass.
- Hand-cut wildly layered fringe for full tribal personality.
- Hand-cut leather lacing throughout to match.
- Hand-braided leather straps for style and durability.
- Hand-cut fringed tassel strap-ends adorned with handmade African beads.
- Heirloom Quality.
My African Inspired Leather Necklace...
Deerskin is very high quality and versatile leather. It can go from being wet to dry over and over again and it still will conform back to it's original condition. It is a very soft and supple leather yet deerskin's leather fibers make it abrasion resistant and give it high shear strength. It is also extremely comfy to wear in any temperature; it becomes cooler in warm weather and warmer in cold weather. Definitely a luxurious and fun leather to design with, craft with, and wear!!
On the Model...